Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Grrrr...AAaaaaa

You know, I really shouldn't knit when I am stressed and am in possession of a migraine, or rather when it possess me. It is a really bad combination. Last Thursday I started a Clapotis, another Christmas present in the making. Today I am on the second dropped stitch, except, I dropped the wrong stitch. Somehow the markers moved over, and since I haven't the intelligence to pay attention to the stitches on the needle chart I have been following, I dropped it anyway.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Sigh, I guess I could always make something else. At this point, I am fed up.

Would you like to know why I am in such a state?
Well let me tell you.

The FAA ( Federal Aviation Administration ), has decided the best use of our Homeland Security money is to prosecute disabled pilots, many of whom cannot fly anymore. My husband is one of them. He hasn't been able to fly since 2001, the last flight we all took as a family. Now the FAA and Social Security have decided it is somehow illegal to be in possession of a pilots license while being on Social Security.

Let me explain how not being able to fly feels to my husband. It is like someone telling us, we can no longer knit due to health issues. He knows he can't fly, but he still cherishes his license. Now they are trying to put him in jail for something that isn't true.

I really shouldn't knit in this state of mind.

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Secret Pal said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your migraine, the mistake on the Clapotis, and the situation with your husband and the FAA. =( That is a lot of unhappy stuff to deal with all at once. Perhaps it would be soothing to knit something really, really, really easy (i.e. something with no YOs, increases, or decreases)? Take care and I hope things look up soon. Keep us posted!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Lyndanna said...

I think I will. Knitting in itself is soothing, but not when it demands concentration. Not that a Clapotis is that labor intensive, my brain just isn't functioning.

I will let you know how things go. Thanks for the well wishes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home