Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving and a long Holiday

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
We at the Jones household had turkey, dressing (cornbread of course), homemade cranberry sauce, hand mashed potatoes (ok, I used a hand mixer), green beans (fresh out of the can :D), rolls, and a sweet potato pie.

I think that was more than enough food. We actually had more than we could eat so a few extra people were the happy recipients of a Thanksgiving dinner. It is nice to be able to share with others. It is an affirmation of what we have to be thankful for. Although life isn't perfect and we may not have everything we want, we have what we need.

Well on to knitting. I have done some. Not much, as I have started an SQL class. I must read, as I do not know SQL. I am finishing a "My So Called Scarf". Slated to be another gift for someone on Christmas. I am also closing out the middle of the third pattern of the mystery shawl. The recipient would better use a shoulder shawl than a full length shawl. When I have finished it out and have it blocking I will take pictures.

Well off to working again. Wish me luck tonight. It is time to go to battle with the husbands physician. Why is it they can never make mistakes, but when you point it out to them it is still your fault in some way? Well I am not standing still for it today. Like I said wish me luck, we may end up looking for another physician.

3 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Blogger caitlyn said...

Glad you had a good thanksgiving! I laughed at your “green beans fresh out of the can.” I had corn fresh out of the can. =) LOL Good luck with the SQL class and the situation concerning the doctor.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Lyndanna said...

Thanks Caitlyn. So far so good in the class, week 1 down 4 to go.

I hope your thaksgiving was a good one as well. Have to love those fresh out of the can veggies.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Favorite Apron said...

Hehe. That's my in-law's idea of Thanksgiving. Corn out of the can, jello out of the box ( with nothing in it - plain jello!)
But they're wonderful people and I love them. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home